HSNi, LLC and HSN Interactive LLC (collectively, "HSN") are part of the HSN, Inc. ("HSNi") family of businesses. HSNi is a retailing powerhouse that spans the full retail spectrum including television (HSN TV and HSN2), catalogues (Cornerstone Brands), ecommerce (HSN.com and catalogue websites), and brick & mortar retail (Frontgate and Ballard Designs). For a complete list of all of HSNi's businesses, please visit www.hsni.com.
Information we may collect [read more]
We may collect information that can identify you ("personal information"), such as your name and e-mail address, (i) when you (or other customers) provide
it to us when using our Services, or (ii) from other HSNi businesses, from our business partners, or from other third parties. We may combine the personal
information that we receive from different sources.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you use our online Services:
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us to track users' movements around our online Services and to understand trends.
- We may assign your computer or device one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our online Services and to personalize your online experience.
- We may use standard Internet tools, such as web beacons, which collect information that tracks your use of our online Services and enables us to customize our online Services and advertisements.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should we ever do so, we will comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
Information others may collect [read more]
We may allow third-party advertising companies or ad networks to display advertisements on our online Services.
- We do not provide any personal information to these companies.
- These companies may use tracking tools, such as cookies, to collect information about computers and/or devices used to view or interact with their advertisements.
- Some of these companies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers consumers the ability to opt out of ad targeting by all member companies.
If you post information about yourself or others, or communicate with others using our Services, please note that we cannot control who reads your postings or what they do with the information you provide. We encourage you to use caution in posting personal information.
How we may use information we collect [read more]
We may use information to:
- Fulfill your requests for products and services;
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Customize the advertising and content that you see on our Services;
- Facilitate use of our Services;
- Manage your account and your preferences;
- Analyze use of and improve our Services, products, and other services;
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our Services; and
- Enforce our Conditions of Use.
With whom we may share information we collect [read more]
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf;
- Other HSNi businesses;
- Other businesses with which we partner or which we carefully select to offer you products, services, and promotions through our Services; and
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our customers.
We may share aggregated, non-personal information in any of the above situations and also with advertisers and others.
Your choices [read more]
You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features of our Services;
- To stop receiving promotional e-mails or newsletters from us by modifying your e-mail subscription settings here;
- To stop receiving text messages by texting STOP to 69476 to be unsubscribed from HSN Customer Service Alerts or texting STOP to 47688 to be unsubscribed from Today's Special messages and HSN Alerts. If you text STOP to a Today's Special or HSN Alert, you will be unsubscribed from both. Consent to receiving text messages is not a condition of purchase.
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our online Services may not function properly;
- To review and update your personal information by contacting us at the e-mail address below or, if you have an online account for our Services, by logging into that account.
- To learn about additional choices, click here.
- If you are a Nevada resident and would like to make a request under Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes, you may email us at email@example.com. Please include "Nevada" in your email subject line, and include the following information in your email: your name, Nevada resident address, and email address.
Security [read more]
We take appropriate physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or
How to contact us
1 HSN Drive
St. Petersburg, Florida 33729
Your California Privacy Rights
California Residents :
- If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties and the HSNi companies for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
1. the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
2. the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
3. if the nature of the third party's business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated e-mail address for these requests is Privacy.Officer@hsn.net.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
This section describing rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (or CCPA) is effective on January 1, 2020. CCPA provides certain rights to "consumers" who are residents of California, and this section explains how HSN enables those rights for California residents. These CCPA rights do not apply to people who are not California residents. However, if you are not a California resident but would like to obtain information or take other actions that a California resident may take under CCPA, please communicate to HSN through the forms and links below and HSN will use reasonable efforts to respond to your request. Please note that CCPA will be supplemented by regulations to be adopted under California law. This section describing Your Rights Under California Consumer Privacy Act may be updated to reflect the adoption of such regulations.
1.1 HSN may collect personal information about customers and other users of our Services who are California consumers including personal information within the following categories:
- Contact Information, including real name, alias, home address, shipping address, unique personal identifier, telephone number, social media identifier or other online identifier, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers.
- Financial Information, including bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, other financial account number, credit history, payment type, other financial information
- Purchase Information, including products considered, products purchased, products returned, refunds made
- Communication Information, including emails, recorded telephone calls, text messages, chat messages, and related information such as time and date sent
- Interaction Information, including participation in user forums; participation in contests and sweepstakes; product review information; information from communicating with HSN in social media platforms and other platforms outside HSN including "likes" and similar interactions; calling into shows or appearing on broadcasts, feedback
- Account Information, including customer number, user name, password, PIN, security question and answer, and other information used in managing and maintaining a customer account
- Audio and Video Information, including pictures, video and audio content provided to HSN
- Browsing and Use Information, including browsing history, including pages, links, videos, products, and content viewed or hovered over; search history; applications used or viewed; length of visit or use; locations viewed before and after viewing HSN's Services; interactions with advertisements; metrics surrounding browsing and use information
- Device and Technical Information, such as the internet protocol (IP) addresses of computers or other devices you use; device identifiers; browser characteristics; operating system details; language preferences; referring uniform resource locaters (URLs); services used; telecommunications data (source, metrics, logs); log files; audit trails; cookie IDs
- Location Information, including home address, billing address, shipping address, geolocation, and other location information
- Biometric and Unique Personal Information, including biometric data, signature, physical characteristics or description, photos, videos, audio recordings, birthday
- Demographic Information, including age, gender, ethnicity, family/household information, interests
- Publicly Available Information: This information may include, for example, number of household members, household income range, or postal code. Such information may be associated with personal information you provide, such as your name, email address, physical address, or phone number.
- Other Information that you provide to HSN
- Customer Profile and Inferences Information, including behavior, preferences, purchasing tendencies, and similar information including information inferred from other information described in this section
The personal information described within the categories above is "Collected Personal Information".
1.2 HSN uses Collected Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Account provision and maintenance, including creating and managing your account with HSN; providing customer service; verifying customer information; and providing other services in the course of HSN's business operations
- Product sales and fulfillment, including selling products; processing and shipping orders to you or to recipients you designate; managing returns; processing refunds; managing warranties
- Customer service and communications, including responding to requests, comments, or questions through email, text message, telephone calls, postal mail, chat functions; managing and communicating through HSN presences on social media platforms and other platforms; maintaining user forms and product review capabilities; reviewing recorded calls or content of other communications for quality or customer service purposes; responding to requests for information and taking action that may be requested under CCPA
- Improving Services and user experience, including creating and changing applications, websites, and other features or functionality used by HSN; debugging to identify and repair errors that may affect how the Services function; engaging in analytics related to improving Services or user experience
- Personalizing user experience and marketing, including targeted product display; targeted marketing and advertising through the Services; marketing through emails, text messages, and other communications methods; re-targeted marketing and advertising across other websites, devices, and platforms; auditing related to the performance of HSN 's advertising and marketing efforts; engaging in analytics to personalize user experience
- Fraud prevention and information security, including measures to verify identity when an account is used for ordering or when the account is otherwise accessed; detecting and responding to fraud or security incidents; protecting against other malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity
- Legal obligations, including prosecuting people responsible for fraudulent, malicious, deceptive or illegal activities; defending claims; notifying of product recalls or other issues related to products; enforcing and notifying of HSN 's terms and conditions, privacy statement and other policies and changes to such terms and conditions, privacy statement and other policies
- Payment-related activities, including processing payments, checking credit-worthiness, evaluating payment options, managing installment payment programs like Flexpay, and managing private label credit card programs
- Conducting research, analytics, surveys, and focus groups to improve customer experiences, develop services and products, provide better marketing and advertising,
- Product safety or quality activities
- Short-term, transient use permitted under CCPA
1.3 The concept of a "sale" in CCPA is different from what is traditionally considered a "sale", e.g., selling a customer list for money. Under CCPA, a "sale" includes other uses or disclosures of personal information to third parties outside HSN. Because the concept of "sale" is so broad under CCPA, HSN may "sell" Collected Personal Information, even if such "sales" are not the exchange of Collected Personal Information for money.
- Please note that HSN will treat your direction to HSN to complete a sale as your direction to have HSN provide certain Collected Personal Information that may be included in your transaction to a small group of vendors who provide services to fulfill your transaction. These include payment processors, fraud prevention services, and shippers.
1.4 HSN discloses Collected Personal Information for business purposes.
2. Right of deletion.
2.1 If you are a consumer (as defined in CCPA), you have the right to request that HSN delete any personal information about you that HSN has collected from you, but CCPA permits HSN to exclude some personal information from a deletion request if that personal information is necessary for HSN to maintain your personal information for the purposes specified in sections (a) through (i) below. Accordingly, HSN will comply with deletion requests made under CCPA, but some personal information about you may be retained by HSN for the purposes specified in sections (a) through (i) below.
(a) Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer, or reasonably anticipated within the context of a business’s ongoing business relationship with the consumer, or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer.
(b) Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
(c) Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
(d) Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
(e) Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
(f) Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the businesses’ deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent.
(g) To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with the business.
(h) Comply with a legal obligation.
(i) Otherwise use the consumer’s personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
2.2 If you are a consumer (as defined in CCPA), you may exercise your right to request deletion of your personal information by clicking here or by calling 1-800-284-3900 (8am-1am ET).
3. Right to Opt-Out of Sales.
3.2 If you are a "consumer" as defined in CCPA, you have the Right to Opt-Out of some sales of your personal information, and you may exercise your Right to Opt-Out by clicking here or by calling 1-800-284-3900 (8am-1am ET).
4. Right to receive a copy of personal information and other information.
4.1 If you are a "consumer" as defined in CCPA, then you have the right to request that HSN disclose to you the following information:
(1) The categories of personal information HSN has collected about you.
(2) The categories of sources from which the personal information about you is collected.
(3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information about you.
(4) The categories of third parties with whom HSN shares personal information about you.
(5) The specific pieces of personal information HSN has collected about you.
4.2 If you are a "consumer" as defined in CCPA, you may exercise your right to request a copy of the information described under section 4.1 by clicking here or by calling 1-800-284-3900 (8am-1am ET).
5. Right to receive information about sales and disclosures for business purposes of personal information.
5.1 If you are a "consumer" as defined in CCPA, then you have the right to request that HSN disclose to you the following information:
(1) The categories of personal information that HSN has collected about you.
(2) The categories of personal information that HSN sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information about you was sold.
(3) The categories of personal information that HSN disclosed about you for a business purpose.
5.2 If you are a "consumer" as defined in CCPA, you may exercise your right to request a copy of the information described under section 5.1 by clicking here or by calling 1-800-284-3900 (8am-1am ET).
6. Right to non-discrimination. If you are a "consumer" as defined in CCPA, then you have the right that a business shall not discriminate against you because you exercised rights under CCPA.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer or device for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our online Services. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive or device for an extended period of time.
We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our online Services to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our Services, content, and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our online Services may not function properly.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user's computer hard drive or device, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in e-mail) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages, and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our online Services from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.
We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded any of our mobile application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used may include, but are not limited to, your geographic location, how you use our application(s), and information about the type of device you use. This information is sent to us as aggregate information, and is not traceable back to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual. To opt out of sharing this information, such as location, please review the terms and conditions before you download the application, or you may review the settings on your mobile device or you may choose at any time to uninstall our application(s) from your mobile device.