The Last S-Mint 90% Silver Franklin Half Dollar - 1954
Overview & Details
A penny saved is a penny earned. A silver Franklin Half Dollar saved is good collector's sense. This handsome coin features 90% pure silver content and comes uncirculated condition. So bring Ben home for an extended stay in your collection.
What You Get
- 1954 Franklin half dollar
- Storage pouch
Good to Know
The Key Specs
|Coin Grade/Condition:||Uncirculated condition|
|Mint Mark:||San Francisco Mint|
|Diameter:||Approx. 30.6mm (1.2") in diameter|
|Weight:||Approx. 12.5 grams (0.44 oz.)|
- Introduced in 1948 to honor founding father Benjamin Franklin, renowned printer, publisher, author, inventor, scientist and diplomat
- Designed by John R. Sinnock, the United States Mint's chief sculptor-engraver
- Sinnock's portrait of Franklin, modeled after a bust by 18th-century sculptor Jean-Antoine Houdon, is bold and clean, contrasting sharply with the subtle, detailed depiction of Miss Liberty on the Walking Liberty coin it replaced
- Also features an eagle on the reverse, added by Gilroy Roberts, who completed work on the coin following Sinnock's death in 1947
- Years later, Sinnock was accused of modeling his version of the Liberty Bell, without proper credit, on a sketch by artist John Frederick Lewis, now belatedly credited by numismatic books for his role
- Franklin half dollars were made for just 16 years, replaced in 1963 by a half dollar memorializing martyred President John F. Kennedy
- The 1954 S-Mint Franklin half dollar is the lowest-mintage "branch" Mint (D or S-Mint) coin in the series
- Precious metal coin
- This coin has never been circulated to the public
- Helps protect the coin's condition during storage and display
Like it was made yesterday!
This 1954 Franklin Half Dollar was minted 64 years ago and it looks like it was just made yesterday. Glad to add it to my collection. I'm going to have it graded to see how perfect it really is.CantonRog, MI
My husband is very happy!
My husband, who never shops, asked me to purchase this coin for him and he is very please with everything about it and he would purchase againButterfly305, NYWas this review helpful? 1 out of 1 found this review helpful
1954 half $ S-mint
The coin is Amazing! Looks new, in the protective holder. This will go Great with the rest of the coins I have. Thank you for this offer, and I look forward to doing more business with you in the near future.Gourds2012, OK
Enjoying my purchase after a short wait. Thank you Coin Collector & HSN.kitten256, NC
Glad I ordered this coin!
I received my 1954 Franklin Half Dollar the other day. It is all I expected it to be and more. Being it is also my birth year made it even better! Thanks HSN!jano54, GA