Silk'n Jewel Hair Removal Device
- Buy More anything & Save On Shipping! See Details
HSN Credit Card Perks & Offers Apply online or call 1-800-695-1418.
Ways To Save
Overview & Details
Take an extra 30 days to use the product and realize its benefits!
What It Is
Silk'n Jewel is an advanced triggerless hair removal device that uses the Home Pulsed Light technology (HPL) method to remove unwanted hair and affect long-term or permanent hair reduction
What You Get
- Jewel hair removal device
- Power adapter with cord
- Instruction manual
- Manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty
What It Does
- Device for removing hair from body areas including the underarms, bikini line, arms, legs, face (below the cheekbones only), back, shoulders and chest
- Intended for use by persons within the Fitzpatrick scale Type I to IV only (see chart in notes)
- Designed for home use
- Clinically tested for safe at-home use
A clinical test of 62 subjects (82.3% female/17.7% male) who are Fitzpatrick scale skin type I-IV with hair color light brown to brown and brown to black, treating 77 areas, including: armpit (26), back (9), bikini (18) chest (6) and legs (18), used the Silk'n Jewel hair reduction device for 6 treatment sessions, 2 weeks apart and when professionally evaluated at 3 and 18 months post treatment reported on average from baseline:
- At 1 month: 82% reduction in regrowth of unwanted hair
- At 3 months: 54% reduction in regrowth of unwanted hair
- At 18 months: 50% reduction in regrowth of unwanted hair
How to Use
- Before treating an area, the skin should be shaved, clean, dry and free of any powders, antiperspirants or deodorants. Do not wax, pluck or tweeze the hair out.
- Turn on device.
- Determine energy level appropriate for your treatment area. The gliding technique works best at lower energy levels.
- Press the treatment surface against your skin, slowly glide the device, working/treating in rows, avoiding gaps or overlaps
- Treatments 1 - 4: Plan two weeks apart.
- Treatments 5 - 7: Plan four weeks apart.
- Treatments 8 +: Treat as needed, until desired results are achieved.
- For the first 2 months, use Silk'n Jewel every other week.
- To maintain your results you should use Silk'n Jewel once a month, or as any non-active/dormant hairs regrow.
Lotion made in USA; device made in Israel
Good to Know
- Persons in the following four categories of the Fitzpatrick scale can use this device:
- Type I (scores 0-6) always burns, never tans (pale white; blond or red hair; blue eyes; freckles).
- Type II (scores 7-13) usually burns, tans minimally (white; fair; blond or red hair; blue, green, or hazel eyes)
- Type III (scores 14-20) sometimes mild burn, tans uniformly (cream white; fair with any hair or eye color)
- Type IV (scores 21-27) burns minimally, always tans well (moderate brown)
- Persons in the following two categories of the Fitzpatrick scale should not use this device:
- Type V (scores 28-34) very rarely burns, tans very easily (dark brown)
- Type VI (scores 35-36) Never burns, never tans (deeply pigmented dark brown to darkest brown)
- Permanent hair reduction is defined as a long-term stable reduction in the number of hairs re-growing after a treatment regime.
- Light-based hair removal on darker skin tones may result in adverse effects such as burns, blisters and skin color changes (hyper- or hypo-pigmentation). Your Silk'n Jewel has a skin color sensor that detects the color of your skin automatically. The skin color sensor checks your skin color at the start of, and occasionally during, each treatment.
- The cooling fan makes noise similar to a hair dryer. This is normal.
- With each flash of HPL, there is a popping sound.
- During each light pulse, it is normal to experience a sensation of warmth and tingling.
- It is not uncommon to see some very mild, pink-like skin coloration during or just after a treatment. This is usually most noticeable around the hairs themselves. Stop use immediately if you see full redness of the skin.
- Keep away from your eyes.
- Do not use device after recent sun exposure.
- Device may not be effective on naturally white and light hair.
- Do not treat on areas where you may want hair to grow, as results are permanent.
Silk'n Jewel Hair Removal Device
At HSN, we love our customers… and their opinions. Share your thoughts by writing a Customer Review. Not only will your voice be heard, but you can:
- Elevate your favorites to Customer Picks
- Share your insider knowledge with other shoppers
- Help determine what types of products we sell