Silk'n Jewel Hair Removal Device and Body Lotion
Overview & Details
What It Is
Silk'n Jewel is an advanced triggerless hair removal device that uses the Home Pulsed Light technology (HPL) method to remove unwanted hair and affect long-term or permanent hair reduction; comes with a moisturizer for post-beauty-treatment
What You Get
- Jewel hair removal device
- Power adapter with cord
- Instruction manual
- 4 fl. oz. Silk'n Body Lotion
- Manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty
What It Does
- Device for removing hair from body areas including the underarms, bikini line, arms, legs, face (below the cheekbones only), back, shoulders and chest
- Intended for use by persons within the Fitzpatrick scale Type I to IV only (see chart in notes)
- Designed for home use
- Clinically tested for safe at-home use
- Suitable for all skin types
- Excellent moisturizer for post-hair removal treatment
- Formulated with the key ingredient of Vitamin D3
A clinical test of 62 subjects (82.3% female/17.7% male) who are Fitzpatrick scale skin type I-IV with hair color light brown to brown and brown to black, treating 77 areas, including: armpit (26), back (9), bikini (18) chest (6) and legs (18), used the Silk'n Jewel hair reduction device for 6 treatment sessions, 2 weeks apart and when professionally evaluated at 3 and 18 months post treatment reported on average from baseline:
- At 1 month: 82% reduction in regrowth of unwanted hair
- At 3 months: 54% reduction in regrowth of unwanted hair
- At 18 months: 50% reduction in regrowth of unwanted hair
How to Use
- Before treating an area, the skin should be shaved, clean, dry and free of any powders, antiperspirants or deodorants. Do not wax, pluck or tweeze the hair out.
- Turn on device.
- Determine energy level appropriate for your treatment area. The gliding technique works best at lower energy levels.
- Press the treatment surface against your skin, slowly glide the device, working/treating in rows, avoiding gaps or overlaps
- Treatments 1 - 4: Plan two weeks apart.
- Treatments 5 - 7: Plan four weeks apart.
- Treatments 8 +: Treat as needed, until desired results are achieved.
- For the first 2 months, use Silk'n Jewel every other week.
- To maintain your results you should use Silk'n Jewel once a month, or as any non-active/dormant hairs regrow.
Lotion made in USA; device made in Israel
Good to Know
- Persons in the following four categories of the Fitzpatrick scale can use this device:
- Type I (scores 0-6) always burns, never tans (pale white; blond or red hair; blue eyes; freckles).
- Type II (scores 7-13) usually burns, tans minimally (white; fair; blond or red hair; blue, green, or hazel eyes)
- Type III (scores 14-20) sometimes mild burn, tans uniformly (cream white; fair with any hair or eye color)
- Type IV (scores 21-27) burns minimally, always tans well (moderate brown)
- Persons in the following two categories of the Fitzpatrick scale should not use this device:
- Type V (scores 28-34) very rarely burns, tans very easily (dark brown)
- Type VI (scores 35-36) Never burns, never tans (deeply pigmented dark brown to darkest brown)
- Permanent hair reduction is defined as a long-term stable reduction in the number of hairs re-growing after a treatment regime.
- Light-based hair removal on darker skin tones may result in adverse effects such as burns, blisters and skin color changes (hyper- or hypo-pigmentation). Your Silk'n Jewel has a skin color sensor that detects the color of your skin automatically. The skin color sensor checks your skin color at the start of, and occasionally during, each treatment.
- The cooling fan makes noise similar to a hair dryer. This is normal.
- With each flash of HPL, there is a popping sound.
- During each light pulse, it is normal to experience a sensation of warmth and tingling.
- It is not uncommon to see some very mild, pink-like skin coloration during or just after a treatment. This is usually most noticeable around the hairs themselves. Stop use immediately if you see full redness of the skin.
- Keep away from your eyes.
- Do not use device after recent sun exposure.
- Device may not be effective on naturally white and light hair.
- Do not treat on areas where you may want hair to grow, as results are permanent.
|Ingredients: Purified Water (Aqua), Squalane, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycerin, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.|
I've only used this one time so far and have already noticed a difference! I went 3 days without having to shave, and normally its a daily necessity. I can't wait to see what it does long term!Jill1004, FLWas this review helpful? 9 out of 11 found this review helpful
Just received item used once. To soon to know.nathsi, MIWas this review helpful? 0 out of 1 found this review helpful
I have only use the product one treatment, I have to wait two full weeks before I can use it again, and then two full weeks again for the first two months. So I think they guarantee seems unfair because you really dont have enough time to fully try the product. I guess I just have to trust God and believe that it will work. I do feel like it will do something the light flashes and you can feel a slight heat. It is doing something so I believe it will work in the long run.Hoping22, NVWas this review helpful? 0 out of 0 found this review helpful
Sadly, returning.....costs too mu..
Takes FOREVER to do a treatment, light is bright during flashing. Used twice, no signs of decreased growth.nursetishaj, MOWas this review helpful? 0 out of 0 found this review helpful
I was hoping this product would work, but it didn't work at all. Don't waste your money.Siumillie, GAWas this review helpful? 0 out of 1 found this review helpful