Moss Mountain Farm "Stella de Oro" 25-piece Day Lily Collection
Overview & Details
When you take the time to garden, you want it to pay off. With 25 plants that bloom over an extended period of time, this collection promises an abundance of fragrant, bright gold blossoms. They are one of the easiest perennials to grow and perform famously in the landscape, especially when grown in full sun. Best of all, their easy-to-grow, re-blooming habit guarantees that big pay off you're looking for. Win!
What You Get
- 25 Bare-root dormant Day Lily plants
- Planting guide
- Manufacturer's 45-day limited warranty
Good to Know
- Plants are dormant at the time of shipment and will be delivered in bare-root form.
|Country of Origin:||USA|
|Plant Form:||Bare-root dormant Day Lily plants|
|Common Plant Name:||Day Lily|
|Variety:||"Stella de Oro"|
|Height at Maturity:||12"|
|Spread at Maturity:||18" to 24"|
|Time to Reach Full Maturity:||2 to 3 growing seasons|
|Sun/Shade Requirements:||Full sun|
|Watering Requirements:||Requires at least 1" of rainfall (or equivalent watering) each week when in the ground|
|USDA Hardiness Zone(s):||3 through 10|
|Planting Space Distance:||18" to 24" apart|
|Bloom Period:||Late spring to early summer; rebloomer|
- Produces fragrant, bright gold 2" flowers with mild pie crust-edging and green throats
- Delivers flowers over a long period of time
- Grows in almost any soil with almost any amount of moisture
- Blooms best in full sun
- Looks beautiful when paired with Coneflowers, Shasta Daisies and Bee Balm
- Performs famously in the landscape
- One of the easiest perennials to grow
- Very popular variety — one of the most well-known, and perhaps even the most widely planted, Day Lilies of all time
- Has won multiple awards
- Work the soil 12" to 15" deep into a good loose condition. Incorporate into the hole a mixture of good garden soil and compost.
- The crown of the plant should be placed at ground level. Work the soil around the roots as you cover the plant. Be sure to pack the soil well.
- Plant between 18" and 24" apart on each side.
- Apply fertilizer around the plant 2 weeks after planting.
- Water well at the time of planting.
- Water every 3 to 4 days for the first two weeks and then at least an inch of water a week.
- Most day lilies bloom best in full sun. They will tolerate part shade conditions but require a minimum of 6 hours of direct sun per day.
- If you cannot plant immediately after receiving these plants, please place them in a cool, shady location (your refrigerator vegetable drawer is best). Before planting we suggest that you soak the roots in water for 4-6 hours.
- Water at fairly long intervals in dry weather.
- Remove wilted flowers daily to keep a tidy garden, but this is not necessary as they fall off in a day or 2.
- Fertilize in early spring.
- In the spring, do not remove the dead foliage from your day lilies until all dangers of late frost are gone.
- A light covering of mulch is recommended.
I received 25 great plants! I planted them around April 10th, we still had some cold nights so I covered them with mulch. All have survived, growing and a few are getting ready to bloom.TDOW, KY
No time to prepare garden as Day Lili arrived 7 wks. early! Only 12 had sprouts on them and none of the others are coming up after 10 days.. Have followed directions given. Still giving TLC in hopes all will bloom.fungalore1, CAWas this review helpful? 1 out of 2 found this review helpful
Dont waste your money
Very disappointed in the size and quality of the plants. I thought pieces had broken off main plants until I counted them.ToniMH, FLWas this review helpful? 3 out of 4 found this review helpful
All plants not growing well, now dying.
I planted them and they got to about 2 inches tall and will not grow anymore. Most are now dying back despite following the growing instructions. Not recommended at all.Maid-By-Darlene, FL
Stella de Oro daylilies
I received this product and they looked horrible. The plants were dried up and dead. I am a Master Gardener - I don't know how successful other individuals have had with this product - I would suggest going to your local nursery and buy your "Stella de Oro". I have purchased daylilies from HSN and QVC in the past years and they look beautiful today. I will be skeptical to purchase any more plants from Moss Gardens. Thanksnova1950, GA