Moss Mountain Farm 10-piece Summer-Long Day Lily Collection
We think you will love these just as much
Overview & Details
When you take the time to garden, you want it to pay off. With ten plants that produce a wide variety of unique blooms over an extended period of time, this collection of Day Lilies promises consistent color all summer long. These easy-to-grow plants boast flowers in various sizes, shapes and colors, ensuring you the big pay off you're looking for. Win!
What You Get
- 10 Bare-root dormant Day Lily plants
- Planting guide
- Manufacturer's 45-day limited warranty
Good to Know
- These plants are dormant at the time of shipment.
- You might find some yellowing on the leaves, but don't be concerned, they will flush out of it in a week to 10 days.
- The roots will appear to be dried out upon arrival. We recommend soaking them for 4 to 6 hours prior to planting and you will be amazed when you see the flush of growth in 10 days.
- If you are averse to weeding, preen herbicide is recommended.
- Expect delightful blooms in the early spring and late summer.
|Country of Origin:||USA|
|Plant Form:||Bare-root dormant Day Lily plants|
|Common Plant Name:||Day Lily|
|Variety:||"Apricot Sparkles," "Happy Returns," "Pardon Me," "Rosy Returns" and "Stella de Oro" (2 of each)|
|Height at Maturity:||Range by variety from 12" to 18"|
|Spread at Maturity:||18" to 24"|
|Time to Reach Full Maturity:||2 to 3 growing seasons|
|Sun/Shade Requirements:||Full sun|
|Watering Requirements:||Requires at least 1" of rainfall (or equivalent watering) each week when in the ground|
|USDA Hardiness Zone(s):||3 through 10|
|Planting Space Distance:||12" to 24" apart|
|Bloom Period:||Range by variety from late spring to early summer|
- Out of all perennials, Day Lilies are the easiest to grow, giving you years of enjoyment
- "Apricot Sparkles" variety produces exceptionally beautiful, ruffled, long-blooming, deep-apricot blooms. These are flawless extended bloomers. They begins to bloom very early and re-bloom until frost.
- "Happy Returns" variety produces fragrant, lemon-yellow blooms with sepal edges that are slightly crimped. This re-bloomer is slightly larger and colored a much purer yellow than its parent, the "Stella de Oro." A reliable performer in warm and cold climates, this flower offers one of the longest blooms of any day lily. It looks great when planted with the "Pardon Me" variety and will be one of the first to bloom.
- "Pardon Me" variety produces fragrant, bright cranberry red blooms with narrow yellow watermarks and bright green throats. Their petals have ruffled edges, smooth sepals and are slightly re-curved. They were voted the best in miniature day lilies and bloom for a long period of time.
- "Rosy Returns" variety produces fragrant, long-blooming, rose-pink blooms with deep rose eye-zones and yellow throats. They're the first ever-blooming pink day lily and will bloom from June until frost.
- "Stella de Oro" produces fragrant, bright gold blooms over green throats with mild pie crust-edging. This is the longest bloomer and is the best known — and perhaps the most widely planted — day lily of all time. It blooms over a long period of time and performs famously in the landscape.
- Grows in almost any soil with any amount of moisture
- Attracts butterflies, hummingbirds and bees
- Blooms best in full sun
- Work the soil 12" to 15" deep into a good loose condition. Incorporate into the hole a mixture of good garden soil and compost.
- The crown of the plant should be placed at ground level. Work the soil around the roots as you cover the plant. Be sure to pack the soil well.
- Plant between 18" and 24" apart on each side.
- Apply fertilizer around the plant 2 weeks after planting.
- Water well at the time of planting.
- Water every three to four days for the first two weeks and then at least an inch of water a week.
- Most day lilies bloom best in full sun. They will tolerate part shade conditions but require a minimum of six hours of direct sun per day.
- If you cannot plant immediately after receiving these plants, please place them in a cool shady, location. Before planting we suggest that you soak the roots in water for 4-6 hours.
- Water at fairly long intervals in dry weather.
- Remove wilted flowers daily to keep a tidy garden, but this is not necessary as they fall off in a day or two.
- Fertilize in early spring.
- In the spring, do not remove the dead foliage from your day lilies until all dangers of late frost are gone.
- A light covering of mulch is recommended.
Delighted with EARLY Results!
W E L C O M E! P Alan! So very glad that HSN has added Moss Mountain as a vendor. Having watched you, and learned from your expertise via the garden shows on PBS, me & my gardens are jumping for joy. Here's my experience thus far. Shipped timely, zone 9. Packaging EXCELLENT! Followed instructions - removed all packing materials, set in a cool place, then bathed roots-6 hours per directions prior to planting. Results already - 2 - 4 inches of growth. I ordered 2 more different collections.LisaKingwood1, TXWas this review helpful? 2 out of 2 found this review helpful
I planted these as instructed in a new flower bed hoping that I would have a pop of color by summer. It is now August and they are still alive but have not grown as was promised. Hopefully, they will come back bigger next year.luvtfsh, FLWas this review helpful? 0 out of 0 found this review helpful
Moss Mountain Farm Day Lily Collection
I purchased these and they were horrible upon arrival to me. I have purchased daylilies from both QVC and HSN in the past (being a Master Gardener) and I have had great success with their plants. I would suggest that individuals purchased Day Lillies from your local nursery. Thanksnova1950, GAWas this review helpful? 0 out of 1 found this review helpful
Dried out and dead with flies on itskthomas4308, ARWas this review helpful? 1 out of 2 found this review helpful
THESE ARE EVERY SMALL STARTS BUT THE WORSE THING IS I RECEIVED FOUR OF THE SAME PLANT, COULD BUY BETTER ON EBAY.mebwu, NCWas this review helpful? 0 out of 1 found this review helpful