Meadow Valley "Rose Lily Mix" 10-piece Collection
Overview & Details
Everything is coming up roses ... or lilies ... or both! This unique collection features striking, multi-layered lilies in rosy hues varying from white to light pink to dark pink. With up to three times as many petals as a traditional lily, these stunning blossoms dilute that typically overpowering lily fragrance, making them an even more enjoyable addition to your garden. It's just the right set of flowers to give summer the rosiest outlook ever!
What You Get
- 10 Dormant Lily bulbs
- Planting guide
- Manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty
Good to Know
- These plants will ship as dormant bulbs. Plant them as soon as possible for best results. If planting your bulbs straight away isn't possible, then store the bulbs in a cool, dry place.
|Country of Origin:||The Netherlands|
|Plant Form:||Dormant Lily bulb|
|Common Plant Name:||Lily|
|Variety:||"Rose Lily Mix" including an assortment of "Natalia," "Tatsjana," "Thalita" and "Carolina"|
|Annual/Perennial:||Hardy Perennial Bulb|
|Height at Maturity:||Up to 30"|
|Spread at Maturity:||Approx. 8"|
|Sun/Shade Requirements:||Full sun to partial shade|
|Temperature Tolerance:||-30 Degrees F|
|USDA Hardiness Zone(s):||6 through 9|
|Planting Space Distance:||Approx. 3" apart|
|Watering Requirements:||Only water plants during summer|
- Produces amazing, multi-layered lilies in light pink, dark pink and white
- With 3 times as many petals as a traditional lily, blossoms have the appearance of expensive porcelain
- Extra layer of petals covers troublesome pollen and dilutes the typically overpowering lily scent, making them better for people with allergies as well as less prone to leaving pollen stains on your clothing
- Fragrance is more gentle and appealing that the typical lily
- Looks beautiful when planted in borders or patio containers
- Striking appearance makes them perfect for cutting and displaying indoors
- Stems are long enough for cutting and creating your own homemade bouquet
- Ideal for yards of all sizes
- Easy to grow, even for beginners
- Space bulbs by at least twice the bulb's own width apart when growing in the open ground.
- Dig a hole wide and deep enough for your bulbs, and remove any larger stones and weeds.
- As a guide, plant your bulbs up to 3 times their own depth, e.g. a 2" high bulb would be planted 4" - 6" below soil level.
- Place the bulbs into the holes with the shoots facing upward. Replace the soil around the bulbs and avoid the area so you don't disturb the bulbs.
- Don't water your bulbs much until you see shoots in the spring. When in active growth, water regularly to boost flowering performance.
- As the blooms fade, snip them off to preserve the bulb's energy.
- Once the leaves start to die down, reduce watering again. At this time, lift bulbs and store them over winter for the following year, or leave in the ground.
- Bulbs are hardy and will not need any special winter care.
Love the quality of the bulbs. Planted and some are already a couple of inches in growth. Really happy here.barney74900, OH
The bulbs arrived a little later than I expected but in good condition. I planted them in a grouping in my garden last week. I do not notice any growth emerging yet but hopefully soon. I hope they bloom this year! I hope they also multiply. Ive seen some less expensive elsewhere so I hope these are impressive.Tracey19728, FL
In any garden these will be the STAR!
What wonderful Flowers.. they arrive asbulbs.. put in soil w/tops showing & water enough (no over doing this part)!Before you know it they'll be beautiful as the picture...I lost out this year, dueUnfortunately to NURSERY who grewthem sent too soon,(1+months early)!!So up on top floor had no where to plant (concrete); weather cold/hot etc.. I wasn't prepared!! Thanks to HSN most customers.....whoreside in milder climates. ENJOY! in milder climates ENJOY!saint857, IL
Here it is mid June and only two have shown any sign of growth. Very disappointed.Gepatu, WA