Brookstone® CityBug2 Folding Electric Scooter with Lights System
Overview & Details
Going green doesn't mean you need to hoof it everywhere. The CityBug2 satisfies your "need for speed" by letting you cruise up to 11 mph. That means getting there faster but avoiding the hassle of driving. It's equipped with lights, 2 braking systems and it folds. That means you can take it with you on public transportation and store it in the trunk for those days when you absolutely have to drive.
What You Get
- CityBug2 scooter with built-in rechargeable battery
- AC adapter
- Power cord
- Set of hardware
- Hex wrench
- User manual
- Protection Plus flyer
Good to Know
- Some states may have age restrictions, require a permit, license and/or prohibit the operation of this motorized scooter on public roads and sidewalks. For example, under Florida state law, motorized scooters cannot be operated on public roads, may not be registered as motor vehicles and may not be operated on sidewalks unless authorized by local ordinance.
- Check your state and local ordinances to ensure that you can use the CityBug2.
- The purchaser and rider are responsible for knowing and following all federal, state and local rules and regulations regarding the operation of this motorized scooter.
- Read the User manual before riding to avoid injuries.
- Adult supervision is required. This scooter is not designed for use by persons below the age of 16.
- Make sure the environment is safe for riding.
- Always wear protective equipment, including a helmet, knee pads and elbow pads and drive safely.
- Always wear shoes.
- Never use near motor vehicles.
- Do not ride at night.
|Measurements:||Folded: Approx. 18.13"L x 36"W x 14.25"H Upright/Unfolded: Approx. 18.13"L x 40.5"W x 44.9"H|
|Weight:||Approx. 27.85 lbs.|
|Maximum Weight Capacity:||Approx. 220 lbs.|
|Power Source:||Built-in 36-volt 5.6 Ah li-ion rechargeable battery|
|Material Composition:||Aluminum, ABS, PP, steel, rubber|
|Use and Care:||Cleaning: Always disconnect your CityBug2 from the charger before cleaning. Do not use thinners or other solvents for cleaning as they may damage the surfaces. Use a damp cloth when cleaning plastic parts. Do not wash the CityBug2 with a high pressure hose. Do not submerge in water. Maintenance and repair: Make sure all parts are installed and functioning properly. Never attempt to access the electronics, motors, or the components unless specified in the User manual or by an authorized service center. These are not user-serviceable parts. Tires are tubeless tires and require no inflation. Check tires regularly for wear and damage; change the tires when necessary. Check the handle bar often for tightness. If it becomes loose, review the User manual for tips on how to tighten|
|Assembly Required:||Yes; 1 person; approx 10 minutes; insert, position and tighten handle bar; lift handle bar to lock in place.|
|Country of Origin:||China|
- Simply push the handle bar to go faster and pull it to slow down
2 independent braking systems
- Pull handlebar down (Push & Pull system)
- Step2Stop mechanism - Immediately cuts power and stops the scooter when you step on the rear-wheel brake
Headlight and tail light
- Headlight helps you better see where you're going at dawn/dusk
- Tail light on the rear brake helps increase visibility to cars and other pedestrians
Powered by a 36-volt 5.6 Ah li-ion rechargeable battery
- No CO2 emissions or noise pollution
- Provides up to approx. 11 miles of travel (depending on surface, weight of rider, speed, etc.)
- Recharges in up to 3 hours
- Folds; light enough to carry; small enough to take on public transportation or stow under a shopping cart
- Adjustable handle bar stem accommodates riders of any height
- Durable tubeless tires won't go flat
- Stands on its own when not in use - no kickstand needed
- 36V/250W motor travels up to approx. 11 mph (depending on surface, weight of rider, distance, speed, etc.)
Huge hit with our kids
Purchased 2 for Christmas for our sons (13 & 10). They love them! Its surprising just how fast 12mph really is. The boys use them in our neighborhood; we are somewhat rural and do not have sidewalks. Love that they have a headlight/taillight/break. Weve not had any issue with the battery holding a charge.jennq, OKWas this review helpful? 2 out of 2 found this review helpful
My daughter loves this scooter so much she even wanted to ride it to school. I am thinking about getting one for myself so we can cruise the sidewalks together. Who said toys are for kids :)lilsdad, OHWas this review helpful? 0 out of 0 found this review helpful
Ordered this scooter for myself to zip around in my downtown neighborhood. My son and Husband loved it so I ordered 2 more. This is a great scooter! The lights are a plus. The price is a super plus. Easy to put together and get scooting!carycherrie, NCWas this review helpful? 3 out of 3 found this review helpful
Purchased for my 12 year old granddaughter, took it for a test drive and ordered one for myself!super_granny, SCWas this review helpful? 4 out of 4 found this review helpful
Powerful and high quality, well made
Love it. I am 220lbs, works great.Toysoldier4USA, TXWas this review helpful? 4 out of 4 found this review helpful