2022 British Silver Britannia Coin
Remember the Queen with this lovely coin from the Royal Mint that features 1 ounce of 99.9% silver. Silver Britannias have been issued since 1997, but 2022 may be the last year that the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II is used.
What You Get
- 2022 1 oz. British Britannia silver coin
Good to Know
- All coin items considered for return must be in their original condition as sold. Seals and cases contribute to the value of the coin and currency collectibles and must remain intact and unbroken. This applies but is not limited to: grading cases, Mint and Proof cases and packages, bag seals, original government sealed packaging and/or any other special packaging or containers.
About Collectible Coins…
Treasures from around the world – delivered right to your door! Our large selection of collectible coin sets, proofs, ancient and uncirculated coins is ideal for both the novice and the experienced collector. HSN coin experts travel the world for the best coins - from the latest U.S. state quarters to the Widow’s Mite coin, discovered during an archeological dig in the Middle East. Most coins include a Certificate of Authenticity that validates the coin’s origin and condition.
- This item is not for sale to customers in Minnesota.
If you're not satisfied with your purchase for
any reason, our return policy allows you to send back returns-eligible
merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an
exchange. Simply use the HSN Return Label within 30 days of receipt to return
your item for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size.
If your request for an exchange results in any additional merchandise or
shipping costs, and you paid by credit card, your credit card will be charged
for those additional costs. Payment methods other than a credit card may result
in an order cancellation & a refund may be issued. If the requested
exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order,
HSN will issue a refund and not deduct the HSN Return Label fee. Learn
- The British Britannia Series debuted at the Royal Mint in 1987. The first coins offered in the series were the Gold Britannias. The series originally included 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz gold coins.
- In 1997, the Silver Britannia coins were issued for the first time.
- In 2021, the Royal Mint enhanced the security of its gold and silver bullion coins in this series with the addition of four security elements on the reverse field. These include engraving a surface animation feature in the background field of the reverse and a latent security feature that changes between a trident and a padlock when the viewing angle changes.
- Other security elements include micro text around the central design element and tincture lines on the Union Jack shield.
- 2022 will probably be the last year that the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II will be used on the silver Britannia.
Encapsulated and in a pouch
- Helps protect the coin's graded condition during storage and display
The Key Specs
|Mint Mark:||Royal Mint|
|Packaging:||Encapsulated and in a pouch|
|Obverse:||Features of the 2022 British Silver Britannia Coin include a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. Her Majesty is shown here in right-profile relief in a 2015 design from Jody Clark that serves as the fifth-generation effigy of the Queen from the Royal Mint. The design includes the George IV State Diadem Crown and is set against a guilloche background field.|
|Reverse:||Designs on the 2022 1 oz Silver Britannia Coin offer Philip Nathan's depiction of Britannia. Created in 1987 for the debut of the gold series, the image shows Britannia standing along the coast with the Union Jack shield and an olive branch in her left hand, as well as the trident in her right hand.|
|Composition:||Approx. 99.9% pure silver (1 troy oz.)|
|Weight:||Approx. 31.072 grams (1 oz.)|
|Measurements:||Approx. 2.5" x 2"|