2018 WWI Centennial Silver Dollar and Air Service Silver Medal Set
New to HSN? $10 off your first order with code HSN2023. See Details
ExtraFlex available when paying with the HSN Card, QCard® or Zulily credit card. Select the FlexPay option above and then select ExtraFlex. Credit terms apply. Learn More
HSN, QVC and Zulily credit card perks Apply online or call 1-800-695-1418.
Remember those who fought in World War I with this silver Centennial coin and medal set. With a stoic soldier on the obverse and a barbed wire and poppy design on the reverse, this silver dollar is a gripping reminder of the Great War. The brave Air Service members are honored with a depiction of the iconic SPAD XIII fighter plane, plus a WWI-era Military Aviator Insignia.
What You Get
- 2018 proof World War I Centennial silver dollar coin
- 2018 silver Air Service medal
- Original government packaging (OGP)
- Certificate of authenticity
Good to Know
- All coin items considered for return must be in their original condition as sold. Seals and cases contribute to the value of the coin and currency collectibles and must remain intact and unbroken. This applies but is not limited to: grading cases, Mint and Proof cases and packages, bag seals, original government sealed packaging and/or any other special packaging or containers.
About Collectible Coins…
Treasures from around the world – delivered right to your door! Our large selection of collectible coin sets, proofs, ancient and uncirculated coins is ideal for both the novice and the experienced collector. HSN coin experts travel the world for the best coins - from the latest U.S. state quarters to the Widow’s Mite coin, discovered during an archeological dig in the Middle East. Most coins include a Certificate of Authenticity that validates the coin’s origin and condition.
- This item is not for sale to customers in Minnesota.
If you're not satisfied with your purchase for
any reason, our return policy allows you to send back returns-eligible
merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an
exchange. Simply use the HSN Return Label within 30 days of receipt to return
your item for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size.
If your request for an exchange results in any additional merchandise or
shipping costs, and you paid by credit card, your credit card will be charged
for those additional costs. Payment methods other than a credit card may result
in an order cancellation & a refund may be issued. If the requested
exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order,
HSN will issue a refund and not deduct the HSN Return Label fee. Learn
- To commemorate the centennial of America's involvement in World War I and honor the more than 4 million men and women from the United States who served
- This set includes a proof silver dollar and a proof silver Air Service medal
- These sets, which were limited to 100,000 units across all five medal product options
- This set is currently not available at the United States Mint
- Struck at least twice on highly polished coin blanks to bring out the mirrored background and high-relief images
Individually encapsulated and in original government packaging
- Helps protect each coin's condition during storage and display
- Perfect for storage, display or gift giving
The Key Specs
|Mint Mark:||Silver Dollar: Philadelphia; Medal: Denver|
|Composition:||Approx. 90% silver|
|Packaging:||Individually encapsulated and in original government packaging|
|Diameter:||Approx. 38.09mm (1.5") Diameter|
|Weight:||Approx. 26.73 grams (0.94 oz.)|
WW1 Centennial Silver Dollar
|Obverse:||Entitled "Soldier's Charge;" depicts an almost stone-like soldier holding a rifle. Barbed wire twines in the lower right-hand side of the design continue to the reverse. Inscriptions include LIBERTY, 1918, 2018 and IN GOD WE TRUST.|
|Reverse:||Barbed wire design element continues onto the reverse of the coin in a design entitled "Poppies in the Wire," which features abstract poppies mixed in with barbed wire. Barbed wire was part of the trench warfare of World War I, and poppies are the symbolic flower of veteran remembrance -- a tradition that began during the war. Inscriptions include ONE DOLLAR, E PLURIBUS UNUM, and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.|
Silver Air Service Medal:
|Obverse:||Depicts an iconic SPAD XIII, a World War I fighter flown by many Americans and valued for its speed, strength, and firepower, viewed from the top and side. The inscription SPAD XIII identifies the aircraft.|
|Reverse:||Depicts the Military Aviator Insignia. Inscriptions include CENTENNIAL OF WORLD WAR I, 2018, OVER THERE!, AIR SERVICE, and AMERICAN EXPEDITIONARY FORCES.|
The Basics - Box
|Measurements:||Approx. 3-1/2"L x 6"W x 3/4"H|
|Country of Origin:||China|