1989 S-Mint Prestige Proof Set
Overview & Details
1989 S-Mint Prestige Proof Set
Commemorate an important event, celebrate an anniversary or just surprise your favorite collector with this prestige proof set. This set features all the circulating coins from its year of mintage, plus that year's commemorative silver dollar coin and clad half dollar coin, all in stunning proof condition. This set comes in its original packaging from the U.S. Mint and makes a wonderful gift.
What You Get
- 1989 San Francisco prestige proof set (contains the penny, nickel, dime, quarter and half dollar coins for this year, plus the 1989 Congressional Bicentennial Commemorative Silver Dollar and Half Dollar)
Good to Know
The Key Specs
|Mint Mark:||San Francisco Mint|
|Composition:||Commemorative silver dollar is 90% silver|
|Packaging:||Original government packaging|
The Basics - Box
|Measurements:||Approx. 4"W x 1-3/4"H x 6-1/4" Deep|
|Country of Origin:||USA|
- Include regular proof coins from the penny to the half dollar, as well as the proof version of the commemorative Silver Dollar issued during the year
- If a commemorative half dollar was also issued, a proof version is included
- Prestige proof sets represent the U.S. Mint's ultimate proof sets
- Struck at least twice on highly polished coin blanks to bring out the mirrored background and high-relief images
- Obverse: Abraham Lincoln
- Reverse: Lincoln Memorial
- Obverse: Thomas Jefferson
- Reverse: Monticello
- Obverse: Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Reverse: Olive branch, torch and oak branch
- Obverse: George Washington
- Reverse: Eagle
- Obverse: John F. Kennedy
- Reverse: Presidential coat of arms
1989 Congressional Bicentennial Commemorative Silver Dollar
- Issued in 1989 to celebrate the 200th anniversary of Congress which first conveyed as a legislative body in 1789
- Obverse depicts a full view of Thomas Crawford's bronze Statue of Freedom, which was placed atop of the Capitol dome in 1863. Clouds and rays of sunlight appear in the background of the view. Inscriptions read "Liberty", "In God We Trust", "1789" and "1989".
- Reverse depicts the mace of the House of Representatives. A close up view of the staff topped by an eagle on a world globe is pictured. Inscriptions include "United States of America", "One Dollar", "E Pluribus Unum" and "Bicentennial of the Congress".
1989 Congressional Bicentennial Commemorative Clad Half Dollar
- Issued in 1989 to celebrate the 200th anniversary of Congress
- Struck in copper/nickel clad composition
- Obverse Close up of the bust of Thomas Crawford's Statue of Freedom, which is found at the peak of the Capital Dome. A view of the full statue is used for the silver dollar. Inscriptions on the half dollar include "Bicentennial of the Congress" above, "In God We Trust" and "Liberty" below and the anniversary dates "1789" and 1989" to each side.
- Reverse depicts a full view of the Capitol Building accentuated with a pattern of seven stars above and three stars to each side below. Inscriptions read "United States of America", "E Pluribus Unum" and "Half Dollar".
Commemorative silver dollar is 90% silver
- Precious metal coin
Encapsulated/original government packaging
- Protects coins' proof condition during storage and display
- Proof set comes in its original packaging from the U.S. Mint
Great set extremely nice coins.
I used to have the full set of these Prestige sets, so I'm now re-buying them as they are very affordable. The coins are flawless & I'll be keeping these for a long time as I see these becoming harder to even get, looking forward to more sets from HSN.mnvikings11, MN