Steamed New England Dinner
1 pound red bliss potatoes
2 ears corn, shucked and cut in half
Two 6- to 8-ounce frozen lobster tails, defrosted
4 tablespoons melted butter
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour enough water into the steamer base to come up to the maximum level.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes and place in one basket of the steamer.
- Place the corn in the other basket.
- Place the basket with the potatoes in the steamer and cover.
- Set the timer on the steamer for 10 minutes and cook the potatoes, undisturbed.
- When the timer goes off, remove the lid and add the basket with the corn to the steamer.
- Cover, set the timer for 10 minutes, and steam the corn and potatoes, undisturbed.
- When the timer goes off, remove the lid and set the lobster tails on the flat cooking surface of the cooking plate that fits on top of the baskets in the steamer.
- Cover and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Cook the lobster tails with the corn and potatoes, undisturbed.
- When the timer goes off, the lobster tails, corn and potatoes should all be done.
- Season with the salt and pepper and serve, with the butter as a dipping sauce for all.