Seared Rib Eyes with Pan-Roasted Herbed Potatoes
and Steamed Broccoli
Yield: Makes 2 servings
2 dry-aged Rib Eye steaks, (about 20 to 22 ounces each)
4 teaspoons Essence
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 recipe Herb Roasted Potatoes
1 recipe Steamed Broccoli
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Season the steaks with the Essence and salt, let sit for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, set an Emerilware 3-quart saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil to the pan and once hot, place the steaks in the pan.
- Sear the steaks for 4 minutes, turn over and place in the oven.
- Continue to cook the steaks in the oven until medium-rare, about 10 to 12 minutes.
1 pound small red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, thyme, rosemary and chives
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to mix well.
- Transfer to an Emerilware 10-inch fry pan and roast until the potatoes are fork-tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
1 pound broccoli, cut into 1-inch florets
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the broccoli in an Emerilware 2-quart saucepan with 3 tablespoons of water, season with salt and pepper, and set over high heat.
- When the water begins to boil, place a lid on the saucepan and cook the broccoli until tender yet crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with the Seared Rib-eye Steaks, and the Herb-Roasted Potatoes.