At HSN we are bold, collaborative, dynamic and most of all, FUN!
We provide a unique working environment that few people get the chance to experience! We came of age as a TV retailer and as technology has evolved, so have we! We continue to innovate and bring our customers new and more advanced ways to shop with us - online, mobile, tablet, social media, even our patented Shop by Remote technology. HSN is a true customer-centric, omni-channel retail and entertainment experience.
HSN's internship program offers meaningful hands-on experience, allowing you to impact our key company initiatives. We prepare you for careers by helping you develop necessary skills to succeed and gain perspective on the many roles available in the retail industry. You will have the opportunity to interact with key industry experts and learn directly from them.
You are also given the opportunity to be considered for full-time employment based on available opportunities. Our program has become the start to many successful long-term careers, with many of our interns hired upon graduation!
If you are ready to transform your educational experience and take part in an exciting and groundbreaking internship, it’s time to join the HSN college internship program!
With our 70 acre corporate headquarters in St. Petersburg, FL, we offer internship opportunities in many areas of our business:
- • Merchandising and Planning:The Merchandising and Planning Internship program is designed to provide an overview of the buying and planning functions. Through this Internship, you will gain experience by working with a Buyer in collaboration with Merchandise Planners, Programming Managers, Television Team, Quality Assurance and Vendors to develop and create the product selection that sets HSN apart. The Merchandising Internship provides a unique opportunity to observe the development of business strategies that drive sales through assortment selection, product development, pricing, presentation and promotion.
- • Marketing:: The Marketing Internship program provides the opportunity to learn the basic of building a brand, understand the essentials of PR, see the importance of strategic partnerships and learn the read the language of consumer habits.
- • Finance: The Finance Internship program provides opportunities in Corporate Strategy and Mergers & Acquisitions. This team is led by a veteran Wall Street investment banker and will provide opportunities very similar to that of an investment banking or private equity internship. This is also one of the few paid internships offered at HSN.
- • Digital Commerce: The Digital Marketing division provides internships in multiple areas of the business, including but not limited to SEO, Affiliate Management and Social Media. You will gain exposure to the strategic and tactical initiatives related to building the HSN brand, driving traffic to the website, promotional events, and content execution on emerging media platforms.
- • Television Operations: As one of the largest departments within HSN, Television strives to develop, communicate and execute the most effective, compelling and energized sales strategies possible, while always preserving an on-air atmosphere of trust, sincerity and warmth. The TV team covers every aspect of live and pre-produced production and is comprised of Show Hosts, Producers, Supervising Producers, Visual, Product Knowledge, Guest Coordination, Models, Production Assistants, Backstage, Culinary, Sets and Lighting, Hair and Makeup, the Technical Team, the Production team and more.
Eligible team members will receive select benefits similar to full-time HSN employees, including discounts on all retail purchases and exclusive access to our employee store!
- • Student must be working towards a Bachelors Degree in a related field with the ability to obtain course credit through the college or university for non-paid program.
- • Student must commit at least 20 consistently scheduled hours per week; interns can work up to 40 hours per week and will have the opportunity to meet the hourly requirements of the university.
- • Program is based at our corporate office in St. Petersburg, FL and would require temporary relocation to St. Petersburg, FL for non-local students.
We invite you to check out our internships and experience the future of boundaryless retail!
view and apply to our current internship opportunities
If you do not see an internship posting in the area of business in which you are interested, please create a candidate profile. This allows the recruiting team to see your experience, skills and areas of interest and also allows you to be notified when positions of interest become available.
University Representatives: if you are interested in contacting HSN on behalf of a student, please email HRrecruiting@hsn.net and your communication will be shared with the appropriate Recruiting Partner.