Grilled Salmon Fillets with Sweet Corn, Tomato and Avacado Relish
2 cups cooked corn kernels
2 large Creole or other vine-ripened tomatoes, cored and cut into 3/4-inch dice
2 Hass Avocados, peeled, seeded, and diced
6 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
4 6-ounce salmon fillets, with the skin
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a mixing bowl combine the corn, tomatoes, avocadoes, onions, parsley, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Toss to combine and set aside.
- Position the grill to the open grill position and preheat to the “max” setting.
- Lightly brush the salmon fillets with the olive oil and season with the remaining salt, pepper, and Essence.
- Place the fillets on the grill, skin-side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn and cook the fillets until opaque and medium-rare, about 3 to 4 minutes longer, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- To serve, place the fillets onto the centers of 4 plates, then spoon some of the relish over the top.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.