PUMPKIN PIE FILLED CAKE
For Super 8 Nonstick Baking Set
1 box cake mix. I like the new butter pecan, but when I have made it with a Carrot Cake Mix or Spice Cake Mix I get great reviews. You will need the eggs and oil the box recipe calls for)
1 small can pumpkin by Libby's (not the 30oz. can)
2 tsp. unflavored gelatin
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 egg ( beaten slightly)
1 tsp. pumpkin pie seasoning
2 8 oz. packages cream cheese
2 containers of cream cheese or butter cream frosting ready made. Or a large container of coolwhip.
nutmeg and pecans for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions.
- Prepare pan by securing the 12 inch springform ring to bottom of the pan. The press the 7 inch ring into place. Spray well with non stick spray.
- Pour cake mix in between the 12 inch ring and the 7 inch ring
- Place cake in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Check for doneness. If toothpick has batter on it bake for 5 more minutes.
- While cake in baking heat condensed milk and gelatin and pumpkin filling and egg in a medium saucepan on medium high heat for about 3-4 minutes stirring constantly. When it just starts to boil, remove from heat.
- With a powerful mixer, cream cream cheese till very fluffy. Add the pumpkin mixture and spices at this time and mix well.
- When cake is cooked, remove from the oven, after about 10 minutes remove the 7 inch ring from the pan.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the center.
- Refrigerate cake for at least 2 hours.
- When cake is cooled and center firm, remove from the refrigerator and prepare to frost.
- We choose to frost leaving the center of the cake exposed so you may see the pumpkin filling.
- Frost the cake and sprinkle with grated nutmeg.
- Place pecan halves around the edge for decorations.